Contributors

Monday, April 30, 2012

Israel Trip April 2012

One day I'll get the hang of blogging. I feel like I do it like most people go to the gym - i'll go strong for a while and then stop for like 6 months. At least I've been working out regularly!

Lots been happening here. Right now all I can focus on is Maya snoring REALLY loudly.



Went to Israel.




Me and Moran (my best friend that was born one month before me) drinking "shoko beh sakit" aka chocolate milk in a bag. So good.



Sit up straight, Charlie!

Had amazing food:




Had a great engagement party.






Saw some cousins that I have missed!
Untitled

Took a tour guide in the North. Charlie learned a lot. It was all verbal and I am not an auditory learner so I felt like a child w/autism on overload. I say that and people laugh but I'm dead serious, I can so relate to those kids I used to work with!

We also had a great time in Jerusalem. There's a great story about how I rubbed 9 crosses on the stone Jesus was lain on after his crucification - there's a picture of all the apostles with him, and although I don't believe Jesus is my lord and savior (that would sort of contradict my devout faith in Judaism), I clearly believe that he existed and that he is millions of people's savior, and that was profound. We got the crosses in the market and rubbed them on the stone to infuse them with holiness for devout Christian friends. What do you do with your face when you are Jewish, rubbing crosses on a stone next to people having the most holy moment of their life, and your fiance is taking pictures of you doing 9 in a row for friends to see? Yeah, I'd be embarrassed if it weren't so freaking hilarious.

Untitled
Oh hello there....Someone's in my way

Untitled
Do I smile? Wait, this is very holy and profound...

Untitled
No, don't smile, just act "natural"

Untitled
But I guess I should look at the camera....

And my all time favorite...Are you ready?
Untitled

I think by that point I was just like, Charlie, where do I look????

But, I think that for our Christian friends and family, we got them the most profoud gift they could ever receive, and I am so glad we did it.



We had some great times with family as well. Profound for Avigail:



No comments:

Post a Comment