Contributors

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Berry Ginger Fizzie in the Vitamix

A while ago I saw a pinterest post for a "smoothie" using diet sprite as your liquid. I didn't have diet sprite, but I had ginger ale, and I thought, why not?! I always love adding fresh ginger to my smoothies (my vitamix basically pulverizes ginger, but if you don't have a vitamix or very powerful blender, you may want to peel and chop it really well before adding it in). TOTALLY irrelevant to this recipe, because I didn't have to use it! Ginger Ale to the rescue.

Disclaimer, I LOVE this smoothie, Charlie thought it was okay after he got "used to it" whatever the means, and my parents didn't like it. I made it last night again and LOVED IT! I guess to each his own.

Well, this was a great substitute for fresh ginger that goes bad: right our of my pantry - diet ginger ale!

Ingredients:
Untitled

I ended up adding a second cucumber, just because.

-two persian cucumbers
-quarter of a lemon. I added mine whole to my vitamix, but you can just squeeze in some juice. If you don't have a powerful blender I don't suggest adding it whole.
-1 can of diet ginger ale
-2 cups of frozen berries (any variety you like).
-Optional - extra fresh fruit, I had three strawberries that needed to be used, but these aren't necessary.

Directions:
1. Add your cucumbers, fresh fruit, and lemon to your vitamix first. Process these until they basically liquify. If you don't have a powerful blender, just use the juice of the lemon, and you may need to add in your cucumbers with some liquid for them to blend.
2. Once the cucumbers and lemon (and fruit if you are using any) are pretty liquid, add in the frozen berries. Blend until it's all mushed up and a thick frozen texture. (it will be thick because you haven't added your liquid yet).
3. Lastly, add in your ginger ale.
Untitled
If you are using a powerful blender, then please do this last, so it maintains as much fizziness as possible. If you don't have a powerful blender, you may need to add some in at first so that the rest of your ingredients blend, and then add the next bit at the end.
4. Pour into a glass and add a fun straw!


No comments:

Post a Comment