Contributors

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Sarah's Cucumber Dip

When I was in Alabama, we had a family tradition dinner or all sorts of different dips, etc. There were small plates and dips - sausage balls, spinach cheese dip, cucumber dip, and a million other dips! It was quite a cream cheese/sour cream/mayonaise filled dinner! I absolutely loved the cucumber dip with corn chips. Sarah sent me her recipe and I modified it just a little, but all the ingredients are basically the same. I used nonfat greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and used all low fat ingredients for the rest.  I also played with the ratios a bit. I added a little bit of dill, took out onion (because I didn't have), and added some lemon, mostly because I had those on hand. It tasted really similar at the end to the original, and was lower in fat and higher in protein! My dietician s.i.l will be proud!

By the way, look how cute these mug/bowls are that my mom has (I have been living here since Charlie deployed and we've been renting out our house).
Untitled

You can enjoy this with wheat thins, ritz, etc, but I loved it with the large frito corn chips, where you can really get a bunch of dip on them!
Untitled


Ingredients:
-one 8 ounce cube of low fat cream cheese (you can use nonfat if you want but I HATE nonfat cream cheese)
- 12 ounces (2 cups) of nonfat greek yogurt
-3 tablespoons of low or non fat mayonnaise
-2 persian cucumbers, peeled
-1/2 lemon, juiced
-1 teaspoon of garlic salt
-1/2 teaspoon of dill (optional)

Sarah grates or minces 2 tbs of onion into hers - I didn't do this because I didn't have onions. Feel free to!

Directions:
1. Mix the cream cheese, yogurt, and mayonnaise together
2. Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise, and then chop very small. You do not need to seed the cucumbers because the persian cucumbers' seeds are so small.
3. Put the cucumber in the cream cheese mixture, and add the rest of your ingredients. Stir until combined.
























Wow, that's a weird picture, but whatever, look how much dip is in that little corn chip!!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment