Contributors

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

27 week (and 6 day) bumpdate

Last week (and this week) have been non stop. I feel so bad that I have fallen off the face of the earth for many of my friends. Hey guys, I neglected my once a week blogpost too. Recipes I promised to post? I promise it's not an empty promise :-)

I'll try to do this as much through last friday, and keep this week for Friday's 28 week post. Yes, 28 weeks - officially 3rd trimester by ALL standards.


How far along: 27 weeks and 6 days. And here are pics from earlier last week when I had just turned 27 weeks - one is holding my stomach tight (not sucking in) and one is completely sucking out. Regular is somewhere in between but I didn't get a pic. 

I feel like I popped over the weekend since then though!

How big is baby: At my appointment last Monday they didn't measure the baby but the doctor pointed on my belly where his feet where, and they were much higher up than i realized! probably halfway between the top of my ribs and my belly button. I am assuming he is about 2 pounds and something.

Weight gained: I didn't weigh myself last Friday. I was scared to. I weighed myself yesterday and it was about 13 pounds total, but I'm guessing by next week I'll be at 15.

Maternity clothes: Same. Can get away with most non maternity shirts but am just wearing the maternity shirts for fun.

Stretch marks: Still just the linea negra. I hope that fades eventually.

Miss anything?: Being able to sleep, and not having heartburn.

Movement: Yup, he still loves moving all the way to the right and I still absolutely love seeing my belly completely lopsided.

Kicks are still there but they aren't painful or that strong yet, just feel like movement and taps inside.

Cravings: Um, everything in sight? Lol! 

Aversions:  Nothing strong.

Other symptoms: I mentioned heartburn but ick, go away. Doctor said I could take tums, pepcid, and prilosec, and take all three if I need to. Also, just having bad sleep. Which I also mentioned. But I feel like complaining.

Best moment this week: Last Saturday was a good friend's son's bar mitzvah and I had an aliyah - I told the Rabbi on the bimah that it was the baby's first aliyah! He told me how good the baby's accent was :-) I also had a med student come with my doctor to my appointment on Monday and he was showing her things on the ultrasound (he just peeked, not an official check or anything). He asked if she knew what something was and she had no idea, and it was my aorta! He then said that "because I am so thin" you can see my aorta through ultrasound and it's not typical. Not sure if he says that to all his regular weight patients (he is high risk so who knows what his patient population is) but it made me feel great! Lol.

Most looking forward to: Charlie coming home, duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment