Contributors

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Today's a little better

Hi all,
Happy Valentine's Day!
I am not a big celebrator of this holiday - single or in a relationship. I never got sad that I was single on Valentines day for the few years I was, and I never hyped it up to any boyfriend or to Charlie (the only boyfriend that really matters!). Nevertheless, I want to write a post filled with Love today, since yesterday was filled with anger!

I am blessed and grateful for everything in my life, so here's a recap of the last few weeks!

Baking cookies a few weeks ago, I realized I didn't have enough butter at room temp. So I baked the first few batches with sticks of butter in my back pockets to soften it. Worked amazingly!
Untitled

Katy came to help (my oh my how my Katy has been domesticated). She kept calling me butterbutt :-)
Untitled
Love you Katy!

Untitled

Untitled

I made some yummy food and broke every rule of keeping kosher:
Untitled
Untitled
Now cover them with a brown sugar/butter mix, and tell me it's not amazing.
(thanks Haley for the recipe)

I helped find a tiny little puppy a forever home: Untitled
Thanks Jodi for taking him in and doing all you do with animal rescue!

I tried to make a pbj cheesecake crescent roll something. It was okay.
Untitled

Found some ancient cookie products from my mom's collections:
Untitled

Haven't used it yet, not sure if it would even work!
Untitled

Look how cute my mom is - she wrote her name on it in such a cute spot, love her.
Untitled

I played with Raggedy Hannah and her boyfriend at Starbucks (Thanks Olivia!)
Untitled

I babysat our good friends' son and played mama for a morning - what fun!
Untitled
Maya liked being a big sister. His momma met up with us in the afternoon at McDonalds, and Maya waited outside like this the ENTIRE time:
Untitled

I fantasized about soup and bread with Stacy:
Untitled

And took a video message while driving to send to charlie on a day I felt pretty. I even put on lipstick!
Untitled
Believe it or not, my hands were on the wheel and this was handsfree!

Usually when we Skype or FaceTime I am in pjs with no make up, I wanted him to remember he has a pretty wifey.
Untitled

I spent some time with Jaren and her good friend Marlen - separate post for that coming.

And I ate at Rachel's Kitchen a few too many times!
Untitled

This weekend I am going to try to go to a kickboxing class at a boxing gym with my friend Ali (who is something like 7-8 months pregnant and still doing it!). Maybe it will help the feelings from yesterday?

I also have two books to read - starting with The Round House. I haven't read in a while and am excited.

Sending love everyone's way!

No comments:

Post a Comment