Contributors

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

citrus butter jam cookies

I attempted a new cookie recipe. They were good. Maybe a B- compared to the A+ OMG cookies. But I mean, most food is a b- compared to those.

After making the lemon-poppy cookies, I was excited at the idea to make another citrus cookie.

I googled it and found a few different ideas, and decided to make up my own recipe. (probably why it was a b-).

After I had my dough, I decided to make a jam cookie out of it. The dough was not sweet raw, you won't really want to lick the batter. Once cooked, it's yummy though, and the jam makes it great. I just need to find a better flour ratio and this will be much better!

Untitled

I don't want to post an exact recipe just yet because they are not perfected, but here is a rough idea.

Basic butter cookie recipe (these are less sweet and "harder" than sugar cookies).
Try this recipe. Or this one.

-Omit vanilla and other liquids besides butter
-Add zest of one lime, one lemon, and one orange.



















-Add juice of half lime, 1/4 lemon, 1/4 orange

Mix all together, and let sit overnight so it hardens.
Untitled

Using a teaspoon, scoop dough and roll into balls using your palms. Place on an un-greased cookie sheet.

Use your thumb to make an indent in each ball:
Untitled

Then scoop your jam of choice into the middle.
Untitled

My "niece" Hannah helped.

These are best if you freeze for about an hour before baking.

I baked at 350 for about 10 minutes.

Pat's daughter Sandy lives in the house she grew up in, and they still have the same oven. We had to preheat - I had never actually seen this before and was excited:
Untitled

The cookies came out not as structured as I wanted them to, but still yummy in your tummy:

No comments:

Post a Comment