Contributors

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Boots, Cars, and Goats (oh my), and more catchups

I got myself some cowboy boots :-) Been wanting them for a year or so now and finally found a pair that I liked that wasn't ridiculously expensive.
Untitled

I found them at this new boutique that our neighbor from across the street opened up. I am so happy I could give her the business! Vegas friends, it's called Tootsies Vegas and it's in Boca Park. Very cute selection and affordable!
Untitled

Yes that's an entire papaya sliced in that tupperware. Well it's half a papaya - the other half was in my belly.

Untitled

I've been subbing at Merryhill Elementary School and have had fun wearing more than gym clothes during the day. No real baby bump this morning:
Untitled

And then after lunch it made its appearance!
Untitled

At first I wasn't sure about subbing because they had me to some off duty type things. I had lunch and recess duties and aftercare. It was not what I expected. The last two times I had a 3rd grade class and I LOVED it. I never saw myself being okay with teaching elementary school but I think I could totally do it! The whole - you teach every subject intimidates me, but you break it up into periods throughout the day, and the kids are in such a routine. Granted, the is a pirate school with 16 kids in the class, but still. I really loved it! Good to know my options for the future if I ever decide to go back to the classroom full time.

Last week Charlie's car (which I've been driving and my mom is driving mine), broke down. I was driving to my friends' house and about 2 minutes away I noticed smoke coming out the front left! It was totally overheating. We drove to get something - ummmmm some fluid. Oh - maybe radiator fluid? Well I called the autoshop and they said to see if it was leaking. Well, it wasn't, it wasn't, it wasn't....and then it was! An entire bottle under the car. So AAA towed my car to the shop and they fixed it that day.

Untitled

Well the next day Jaren was over and we both left at around the same time. She was driving behind me and told me my break light was out. Great! So back to the shop, since I thought they missed me. Hopefully the rule of threes won't apply to the car this time!

Last Friday was Noah Shabbat at the synagogue. For my non Jewish friends: In Judaism, you have a weekly Torah Portion. Every Shabbat, no matter where you are in the world or what the observance level is (reform to orthodox), the same part of the 5 books of Moses (Torah) are read. The name of the portion is the first significant word or words in the portion. My Bat Mitzvah portion was Noah. On the 10 year anniversary of my bat mitzvah I read torah at my synagogue in Raleigh, and our wedding date was Noah. Well, my synagogue does a Noah Shabbat for the little ones. They have arts and crafts, and then a petting zoo!!!!
Untitled
 I went to the adult service, and then to the petting zoo after. Well guess what? There was a baby goat named Abigail! I almost brought her home.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
I love how the baggy shirt hides my "blump" (bloat more than bump). Which is really what it is - bloat. Not that I'm complaining that I'm not "big", but come on, I want to not look bloated and look pregnant already.

Maya agrees with me:
Untitled

The next day was one of my student's bar mitzvahs, which was baseball themed. I really loved how out of the box they were. They kept it simple and true to their theme, in a non tacky way. I was so for it. The centerpieces for the kiddush lunch after service were so cute and easy to make - totally stealing this idea one day:
Untitled

His favorite team is the cardinals so I bought the embroidery file and made him a kippah:
Untitled

It was really hard to do because of the shape of the kippah, and the bottom outline is off, but whatever, I'm still proud.

Our place cards for that evening - how cute!
Untitled

I've been sleeping with so many pillows. Even though I don't really have a belly it's been a bit uncomfortable sleeping on my stomach because of the pressure. There's still a 20 week old baby in there even if you can't tell by my tummy, and he wants to be comfy! The other night I made my mom take a picture of me because I was drowning in pillows and still not super comfortable:
Untitled

Yup - two body pillows, a sham, and two squishy pillows. I am NOT complaining though. I am only waking up an average of once per night and I am still incredibly comfortable, just not on my tummy. I know it's going to get a bajilian times worse very soon. Then I'll complain, don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment