Contributors

Monday, October 14, 2013

Weekend in LA and greek festival

A few weeks ago I drove to LA to visit one of my bridesmaids Rose, who moved after finishing her residency, and for my good friend Emily's baby "sprinkle". It's her third little one and she doesn't know the sex (I think boy).

I wasn't going to come empty handed for her girls so I made them monogrammed turkey shirts.

Untitled

I left on a Friday and here was my bump right before :-)

Untitled

When I arrived Rose was her amazing self and had bought all my craving foods. For 24 hours. What a freaking awesome, sweet, and thoughtful friend I have.
Untitled

We decided to get Mexican, being in Southern Cali and all. Loved me some guac. I also watched despicable me 2 the night before and wanted one of those sombrero hats made of chips with guacamole in it.

Untitled


My time with Rose was short but it was so good to see her. Love you, Rosie!

On Saturday I drove over to Agoura Hills for Emily's sprinkle. She has done a belly painting for each pregnancy. Shayna was a pumpkin, Talya was a beach ball, and baby #3 is her world!
Untitled

We took the obligatory belly pic - I got nothing on this third time mama! 

Untitled

Untitled

The spread was gorgeous, healthy, and delicious. 

Untitled

Salads were catered from CPK. Did not know they catered! They were so yummy. There was a roasted veggie one and a quinoa one - I am definitely keeping them in mind for my next event. Perhaps my shower? I don't mind copying Emily, I would be lucky to be remotely like her.

Untitled

Untitled

Look at that barbie in the jello!

Untitled

Apparently the belly comes out and there's a belly in it. Super creepy, but funny and adorable. Em got it for her little one so explain what is in mommy's belly.

Untitled

Pink and blue! Which will it be?
Untitled

Em and her amazing sisters in law. Seriously, I have only met them a handful of times and love them.

Untitled

And I can't resist a pup-pup. I wish golden retrievers didn't shed and had small poops. Then I'd have like 5.

Untitled

Untitled

Emily, my dad, and my Rabbi, are the only people that I don't get upset if they call me Ravit (my first name for those who don't know!). And look how pretty the nail polish color I got was! Jill (her sister in law) painted my nails. Ummm yeah this was like, over two weeks ago and they are still peeling off. Maybe I should get a manicure.

Untitled

One of the cute games - I won one of them, not that one.

Untitled

My favorite response. Does Emily wear a thong or briefs?

Untitled

Untitled
Did you get that? It "depends". Hehehehe.

After the shower I drove back to the valley area and met Rose for some shopping before going home. I needed to be back that night because of Sunday school the next morning. 

Untitled

After Sunday school I didn't want the weekend fun to end so I babysat Jaren's girls. Clara and I did a really difficult spiderman puzzle. Seriously, I grew up doing 1000 piece puzzles all the time, and this was HARD.

Untitled


And then that night Katy and I went to the Greek Festival. It's a huge event that our neighbor chairs. Stuffed our faces, so yummy!
Untitled

Untitled

I told you I'd catch up with the blog and I'm already writing a post 2 weeks late. Oh well, better late than never :-)

See you later in the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment