Contributors

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Boots and Booties at the Venetian

When Jaren was pregnant with Elsie, she told me about a military baby shower through the community. When I knew this little bean was going to turn into an actual baby, I searched around, and found that it was happening in October. Boots and Booties was happening at the Venetian, and I was officially invited! I wanted to make sure that Charlie's rank as an officer would not be an issue, but I was told with enthusiasm that there were more than enough donations for us, and to please come.

A few of my pregnant friends went as well - Leah Churchill due about 10 weeks ahead of me with a baby girl, and Ariana Wethington, who is due about 3 weeks before me with twin girls! Ariana and her husband moved into the house 3 doors down from my parents! It's been so fun having a pregnant military spouse so near.

We drove together and I got a text from a really good family friend that they were volunteering and saw my name. Her daughter, Kyra, is the sweetest thing, and I was so happy to see her!
Untitled

The Venetian donated the space, staff, AND food. And one more big thing I'll write at the end.

THey had a really cute cake on display:
Untitled

Volunteers throughout the community donated items for over 200 expectant mothers, and rolled I don't even know how many diapers for each mom to get a diaper cake!
Untitled

Untitled

Very excited to see Ariana's gifts:
Untitled

And then of course we had to go find mine!
Untitled

Untitled

Me and Ariana:
Untitled

There was food for all, and an MC for all the speakers. Lots of state representatives came and spoke, as well as people involved with military non profits.

I was kind of obsessed with these:
Untitled

There were raffles for some big items including 11 cribs and 5 new car seats! Since we have a crib and carseat I put my ticket into a photography package and didn't win. But that is fine by me, this event was SO ridiculously generous, from the community and the venetian.

I didn't open the gifts there because I wanted to do it at home where I could really dig in.

Untitled

Untitled

As if this wasn't enough, they made an announcement that the Venetian had donated a gift card to every single mother for $150 for babies r us. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Sheldon Adelson owns the Venetian and the school my mom teaches at, so I have seen his generosity with the Jewish community. He has donated millions to amazing organizations such as birthright and Yad VaShem. His and his hotel's generosity hit a personal level with this though. Mr Adelson and the powers at be at the Venetian, the thank you note that I sent is not enough. What you did for these military moms is absolutely amazing and life changing for so many of them/us. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment