Contributors

Friday, February 21, 2014

38 week bumpdate


How far along: 38 weeks 2 days

How big is baby: My guess if I were to have him right now is 7 pounds

Weight gained: 24 pounds

Maternity clothes: Mostly. It depends on the clothes for non maternity. Right now I'm in fold over shorts and non maternity tank top and they fit fine. Yesterday I wore a non-maternity shirt while walking in the neighborhood with my mom and she told me I looked like a person of walmart because an inch of my belly was poking out. Whoops!

Stretch marks: Same, just the linea negra. Unless they are hidden and I can't see!

Miss anything?: Sleep. Not that I expect to sleep for the next several months anyway, but it would be nice if I could before I've even had the baby. My issue is that I'll wake up to pee and not be able to go back to sleep. Last night I woke up twice and then again at 330 and stayed up until 730. Thank goodness I don't have a 9 am showtime for work and I could sleep from 730-930.

Movement: He still favors the right side and and it feels like a contraction only on that side because it will get hard. If I am having a contraction I have to feel my whole belly since I just don't know anymore if it's him poking or a contraction. Weird. Although the last day or day and half the contractions are getting a tiny bit cramp which is giving me hope, so I can kind of tell. 

Cravings: I made freezer meals on Sunday and have been craving the lasagna ever since. I haven't had it though. Jaren, if you feel like making me a lasagna I won't argue..... Also, fruit, smoothies, kiwi and pineapple. Surprised?

Aversions:  Does laying on my back count as an aversion? Or going up stairs? Nothing really in terms of food unless my heartburn is bad.

Other symptoms: Heartburn is controlled unless I forgot my prilosec/pepcid combo in the morning. Which I did twice this week. My own fault but I felt miserable. I've had some sciatic pain in the back of my hips randomly but stretching seems to help. I've had mild cramping that I thought would lead somewhere, and yesterday I was having a few more noticeable contractions. At my appointment today I was dilated a "fingertip" so it's progress but not even 1 cm. Booooo.

Best moment this week: I really enjoyed making freezer meals on Sunday with my friend Jen who I teach with at the synagogue. It was so much more fun than doing it by myself! I went to the mall and met Jaren there yesterday for a bridesmaids dress from Nordstrom (for Caroline's wedding, eeeeeeeh) and we were at a store and Elsie saw me and ran to me squealing with open arms. It is one of my happiest moments because it took her so long to love anybody but her momma! Also, my friend Leslie who I ALWAYS love seeing was on this side of town and came and kept me company today during my monitoring appointment! It's always fun having company while I sit strapped to a chair lol.

Most looking forward to: We have dinner plans tonight at China Poblano and I'm sad I won't have their famous salt air margarita, but I am so excited for the mushroom tacos! Also, if it's not obvious enough, I am most looking forward to meeting our baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment