Contributors

Monday, February 17, 2014

Healthy banana pancakes

One of my pledge sisters, Sara, has a great food blog and she posts recipes to instagram every day. Good thing I was on it this morning (sorry Jaren, I will try to go on more often) because I found a recipe I needed to replicate right away. I adjusted a tiny bit and made a larger batch. They are so good. So so so good!

These are super healthy and packed with protein from the cottage cheese, egg whites, and greek yogurt. Plus the oatmeal instead of flour is great because it's a super food!

Ingredients:
1 ripe banana
3/4 cup egg whites
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup nonfat cottage
1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
2 Splenda 

Directions
1. Blend everything! Love me my vitamix. Of course I didn't think to take picture of the ingredients or of the batter until it was almost finished. But here is what it looked like:
2. I used a small skillet and did one pancake at a time. That recipe made about 6 pancakes. I used a little canola oil and then pam spray, poured batter into medium high skillet (I didn't measure, just so that it covered), and flipped when it bubbled.
I also added some cinnamon, because more cinnamon is almost always good. 




These were so good that Charlie was literally eating them off the plate I kept by the stove while I was still cooking the rest. No even stack - since some had these bites taken out of them!


I asked him to keep me some so he just took a full one off and ate the rest. Didn't feel like smiling, maybe next time he will when he sees I posted these pics of him on the blog :-)





He said they taste more like crepes than pancakes. I grew up eating blintzes (crepes) and not pancakes. In fact, I don't really love pancakes because I feel like you need so much syrup to make them taste good. These were super moist and needed no syrup at all.

Do you all like Charlie's hair? He shaved it the other day and I love it. Story on that coming in a few weeks.

And just because, here is a shirt that I should no longer be wearing but did anyway. Look how the white one does not even come close to covering my belly. I guess at 9 months pregnant I shouldn't attempt non maternity clothes, whoops!

Enjoy the pancakes/crepes, guilt free, and without even needing syrup on top :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment