Contributors

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fitness on Demand


Disclaimer, I wrote this on June 14th, and right before I finished, Charlie needed the internet for a school assignment. Whoopsies!


Cravings: My body pump classes, but I'm happy with what we have here!

Hey ya'll!

First of all, Happy Anniversary to my mommy and daddy, or Ima and Abba. I hope in 30 years, you can be as happy as me and Charlie.  Ha ha hee hee I am so funny.

Coming soon is an ode to my parents. But now I will move on to what I have been doing the last few days here.

Exercising!!
We are in the same block of rooms as Charlie's flight, which is an accompanied flight and so I have been working out with several of the wives. We met up to go to a class (I don't even remember what it was supposed to be) to find an empty workout room. We quickly realized that there was a machine in the corner of the room and approached it:
Untitled

We waited while a projector screen came down....
Untitled


Well, we decided to pick our own class and did kickboxing. It was great! The instructors can get a little....silly, to be nice, because they are not teaching in front of a class but just to the camera man. Must be a bit awkward. I don't think I could talk to myself while working out like that, I would just start laughing.


The next day we went at 9 and decided to do spinning:
Untitled

After spinning we weren't satisfied yet so we did yoga....and then abs. I was extremely sore the next day. Who am I kidding? I couldn't move for about 2.

I also met a running buddy while here and we are going to do a 5k on the 19th, the day before I leave. Haven't done one of those in a while, I am already dreading it, but excited to see if I can do it in 30 minutes...(probably not, maybe I should aim for 35?).  My little Caroline's running story which you can find here is motivating me, it's so inspiring, so I know I can do it! If you don't follow her blog, you definitely should.

Another really cool thing we get to do is called Project X and it is all the military training obstacles with crazy situations. We got to watch the guys do it and I was definitely gritting my teeth through some of them hoping Charlie wouldn't fall! It was so incredible that they let us watch! I was so proud of Charlie who took the lead on so many of the obstacles. I am constantly impressed by him. For obvious reasons we are not allowed to take pictures there, and we are not allowed to tell about the specific obstacles. But, I can say they involved a lot of getting from here to there in ways I would rather not have to do! I hope they give us the easy ones to do.

Well that was quite some rambling with no visual aides, but the military would get a little bit upset with me if I had taken pictures.
Hope you can find a spot with fitness on demand, it's definitely awesome to get to choose your own classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment