Contributors

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Microwave Chicken Recipe

Ingredients:

-1/4 pound chicken breast "tenders"
-1/4 bottle of Dale's seasoning sauce, or marinade of your choice (make sure to use something with salt as the microwave adds NO flavor)
-zip lock bag or saran wrap/plastic wrap
-microwavable plate or bowl
-optional: sauce/dip for when it's done. I used a greek yogurt based ranch dip.

Directions:
Marinade the chicken in a ziplock bag. 
Untitled

























(I marinated more chicken than the recipe called for, but then I used a different bag that only had a few pieces of chicken)

Put it in a microwavable dish, and make sure it's sealed. 
Untitled

Microwave it on about 60% for 7 minutes. 
Untitled

Microwave ovens vary a lot, so you may need to cook it for shorter or longer. My microwave at home is super powerful so I'm sure it would be ready sooner. Just keep an eye on it and check it every 3 or so minutes until you get the hang of your microwave. The bag or seal may expand in the middle of cooking - this is fine for a few minutes, but keep an eye on it so it doesn't pop open!
Untitled

Make sure to keep the oven on 60% of less, or the chicken will be very rubbery.

Untitled
Sort of mediocre, but cooked through, edible, and not a sandwich! (When you're living in a hotel, you eat a lot of sandwiches).

Once your chicken has cooled, put it in a plate, and add sauce or dip! Enjoy - it's not a sandwich! I know I said that, but it's true.

I used Otria's Greek yogurt dip:
Untitled

Enjoy your not a sandwich!

1 comment:

  1. This is a very nice chicken dish. Would you be happy to link it in to my Chicken Edition of Food on Friday? This is the link

    ReplyDelete