Contributors

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Flourless fudge cookies (gluten free)

One of our good friends, Hila, has Celiac's, so I am always looking for gf recipes for her. (the "our" in this is actually me and my mom - she works with my mom but is closer to my age and has two little ones). Okay moving on. It was her birthday and my mom asked if I could make her something. I told her that I can't really imitate any regular recipe to make it gf - it just wouldn't work right (like a bread or my cookies). I could either buy a mix or find something flour-less. Flour-less does not necessarily mean gluten free, but generally other ingredients are safe. I think that there may be like, certain vanilla extracts with gluten, but I don't think the organic one I buy has it.

The cookie were super yummy! I ended up making another batch for my friend Sara's birthday, even though she's not gf at all!

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs whites

Preheat oven to 350.
1. Stir until combined - order doesn't matter. 
2. Use a tbs scoop and space them on greased sheets. They'll spread so make sure there's enough space between them.
3. Bake for 8 min (I always rotate halfway).

They'll get kinda glossy and crack a little.

I didn't take pictures during the process, but my friend Ali who also has celiac's decided to make them, so I asked her to take a pic for the blog.



Unfortunately, they spread kinda funky due to the use of spoon. I HIGHLY recommend using this scoop - I have it in 3 sizes and it's amazing. It's my go to gift for a baking-savvy friend.



http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0001MSEXW

The one I use most frequently is the yellow one. I use it alllll the time. I would actually grease it before serving because this batter is so sticky. 



The final product. 




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment